Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, architecture, history, music, or literature. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four page p(3-4) aper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic.
Women’s Roles Then & Now.Script. Script a conversation between two (2) notable women from the 18th and / or 19th century on the roles women should play in society. Within the dialogue, include:
- Biographical information for each woman.
- The historical status for women in general during the time period in which each woman lived.
- What opinions each of the women might have on the role the women should play in society during their lifetimes.
- What each of the women might think about women’s current roles.
IT MUST BE A SCRIPTED CONVERSATION NOT JUST AN ESSAY!!
For the topic you choose:
- Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
- The listed topics each have a certain writing genre with it (written speech, memo, poem with essay, scripted dialogue, etc). From this you can see that there is a fun, creative writing aspect to this assignment. In most cases students should stick with the genre as listed. However, your instructor might suggest some alternative genre on one of the topics. As a student, you also can propose to your instructor some alternative genre for the topic you choose—something different from what is listed. Since not all such proposals can work, be aware that your proposal will get consideration, but may or may not be approved. Also, if you make such a proposal, please do so before the end of Week 5.
- Use at least three (3) good quality academic sources, with one (1) source being the class text.
Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources. You are highly encouraged to use the Resource Center tab at the top of your Blackboard page.