MINIMUM OF 250 WORDS APA FORMAT
Remember, this is our classroom. After you address this week’s questions, you can respond to any post I put in class for your additional posts, and you should also read and respond to posts from at least two other classmates. Posting 3 times is a MINIMUM expectation. Three posts will NOT earn you an excellent grade “A”. For that you must go beyond the minimum expectation. Use outside research sources in addition to the videos and your text book (journals, news articles, etc. — but NOT Wikipedia). Properly document your sources using APA style in-text references and a reference list.
Visit the textbook website and view the following “Portfolio Management” videos:
- Introduce Mesirow Financial and the Technology Sector of the Stock Market
- Definition of Portfolio Management
After viewing the videos, post your responses to the following questions. You should conduct outside research, in addition to watching the videos. (If you are unable to view the videos, use news articles, websites, etc. to support your answers).
- How can you compare “tulip mania” from 17th century Holland to the dot.com debacle of the 20th century from a financial point of view?
- Name and explain three ways in which the Internet revolution changed the lives of ordinary citizens.
- How did the birth of online discount stock brokerages impact the Internet revolution?
- If you were an investor during the dot.com revolution, and you invested primarily in technology stocks, what fundamental principle of finance did you ignore and how did it affect the value of your portfolio?
- What is diversification and what is its value for investors’ portfolios?
- Explain the relationship between the potential return on a common stock and the risk of that stock.
You are required to post a minimum of 3 substantial posts each week.
Remember, posting the MINIMUM number (3) will NOT earn a 100%. A minimum effort does not warrant that.
Discussion Grading Criteria:
Thoroughly answered all of the questions: 40 points possible
Quality response to at least two classmates and/or Instructor: 30 points possible
References to text and/or other sources: 10 points
Spelling/Grammar at the college level: 10 points possible
Posted on 3 separate days: 10 points
Total: 100 points