Policies are constantly being reviewed and considered to help improve the federal, state, or local health care systems. Each one has the potential to affect each of us on a daily basis, so careful consideration must be given when policies are proposed. It is important to understand the process of how a topic eventually becomes a policy.
Choose a health care topic for which a policy might be formed.
*Note: be sure to look ahead and choose a policy topic that will be suitable for the second part of this assignment as well, due in Week Four.
Writea 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on the complete process of how your chosen topic becomes a policy. In your paper, include the following information:
- State the objective of the policy.
- Define Formulation stage:
- Explain the process to formulate your policy and the involvement of stakeholders.
- Define Legislative stage:
- Explain the legislative body’s approval process needed to gain support (ie funding) for the policy and how stakeholders influence legislators’ decisions.
- Define Implementation stage:
- Identify the accountable parties and their roles in the various implementation stages of your policy.
Citea minimum of five references.
Formatyour paper consistent with APA guidelines