Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission using at least three scholarly references . Cite your sources using APA style as required. Check your spelling.
Assignment: Each question must be answered. All work must be sited and have references. All work will be submitted to turn it in.
- Explain the Fourth Amendment requirements for compulsory production of appearance evidence and its requirements for highly intrusive bodily searches (e.g., searches that penetrate the body surface, result in extraction of bodily tissues for fluids, or involve significant pain, physical discomfort, or humiliation).
- In light of Essay Question number one above, explain exactly what protection the Fifth Amendment provides against the government’s use of a suspect’s body to obtain evidence. Use the example of a man accused of a rape of a girl earlier in the day.
- List and explain the three distinct interests citizens have in their bodies that are protected by the Fourth Amendment, and why these interests should be protected by a constitutional amendment.
- Explain a strip search and a manual body cavity search. Explain what Fourth Amendment requirements must be satisfied before performing each.