After reading the resources in the Chapter 9 Assignments Folder, participate in the following Discussion Forum:
The management implication for this discussion is an introduction to the upcoming group project and how management can form more effective groups.
Initial Post Instructions
Assume you work for a company that redesigns existing products to improve them, from computer keyboards to bicycle helmets to toothbrushes. As a result, creativity is a key factor in whether your company succeeds in developing a product that is marketable.
You need to staff a new team of 5 individuals, and you have a pool of 20 to choose from. For each person, you have information about the following characteristics: intelligence, work experience, conscientiousness, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness to experience, and extraversion.
For the initial post, address the following:
· If you could form your perfect team for this context, what would it look like? In other words, what characteristics would you choose for each of the five members – a lot of work experience or a little; high, moderate, or low conscientiousness; and so on? Why?
· Describe your ideal team member – one hypothetical person you’d most like to work with for this context. (Use the same criteria as in the question above.)
Use citations from the textbook (chapter 9) and one scholarly source to define the concept and to support your analysis and your choice of application. List the sources for citations at the bottom of the response.
Secondary Post Instructions
For your follow-up postings to your peers, review their comments and review the resources (scholarly source) they used in their initial posts. Offer additional ideas and support.
· In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
· Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
· Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
· Use APA format for in-text citations and list of references.
Grading and Assessment
Meeting the minimum number of postings does not guarantee an A; you must present an in-depth discussion of high quality, integrate sources to support your assertions, and refer to peers’ comments in your secondary posts to build on concepts.
Course Learning Outcome(s): 2, 4, 6
2. Assess individual differences and why people and groups in organizations feel and behave as they do.
4. Identify processes and methods that can improve the behavior and attitudes of organizational members, including him/herself, thereby improving self-efficacy, emotional intelligence, and effectiveness.
6. Work collaborative and effectively within teams to create creative solutions for organizational challenges and demonstrate professional communication skills.