Before You Begin…
To successfully complete your assignment, you should have completed the following tasks:
- From the textbook, Keys to effective learning: Study skills and habits for success, read:
- Critical and creative thinking: Solving problems and making decisions
- Reading and studying: Focusing on print and online materials
- Review materials under the topic “Critical Thinking”
- Review materials under the topic “Effective Reading”
Understanding your learning style is an important part of understanding who you are as a student. In this assignment, you will determine which study strategies best suit your learning style, which is very useful. You should also consider the space and arrangements you have made to study, your “learning environment.” For this assignment do the following:
- Review what you learned about your learning style in Module 1.
- Then, identify at least three study strategies that were presented in your readings and online lectures in Module 3.
- Explain how each study strategy would work for you (or not) based on your learning style. Consider your current learning environment as well; this includes your study space, where and when you will study, and your surroundings as you study. Do your skills fit with your current environment? Do you need to modify your approach to studying, or modify your studying environment? Explain.
Summarize your review in a two-page paper in Microsoft Word and name your file Lastname_FirstInitial_M3_A2.doc.