Have you ever taken five minutes to check email and realize two hours later that you have been sitting on the computer reading websites or social media? This is not unusual these days for just about anyone. In getting ready for this Discussion, you kept a record of your interactions with digital technology and communications in order to measure the amount of time you spend in “cyberspace.” It is likely that the more time you have spent using digital technology, you have seen increased incidents of violations of cyber civility.
For this Discussion, you use the Tracking Template from this week’s Learning Resources where you collected your interactions with digital technology. Based on the interactions you collected, in this Discussion you consider the digital technologies in which you have interacted, along with how much interaction you have had. You also reflect on incidents of cyber civility.
To Prepare for this Discussion:
- Consider the different types of digital technologies as well as communication technologies and the amount of interaction you have with these technologies
- Review this week’s Learning Resources related to Cyber Civility and behaviors
- Reflect on incidents of cyber civility you have witnessed during your interactions while using digital technology
- Review the Tracking Template from this week’s Learning Resources and use it for this Discussion
- Over a 24-hour period, use the Tracking Template to keep track of the digital technology and communication technologies you used and the amount of time you spent using them. Note:You will not be submitting your completed template.
Digital Technology and/or Communication Technology Used
(24 hr period only)
Number of Times Used/Accessed (use tally marks)
Type of Interactions
Examples of Cyber Civility Violations by Others