By this point in the course you should have acquired an understanding of the sociological bases of deviant behavior. The paper gives you an opportunity to demonstrate this understanding. Please keep in mind that this assignment is intended to allow you to demonstrate your knowledge of course material.
- APA style formatting is required. The body of the paper must include citations according to the APA style format, and these sources should be included in your reference page. Every assignment should contain at least two references.
By submitting this assignment, students will be able to apply one or more of the theoretical perspectives on deviance to one of the following topics:
Deviance in the military
Answer these questions in the assignmentn:
1) Describe why the behavior is considered deviant.
2) How do these deviants view their own behavior? For example, do they regard their deviance as a one-time aberration or see it as a deviant career? Justify your answer.
3) In your view, what impacts (both positive and negative) does the deviant
behavior have on society?
4) In what ways has society responded or reacted to the deviance?
5) Provide an analysis of the deviant behavior from the perspective of ONE OR MORE of the sociological theories on deviance set out in the text and discussed in lectures.
- Length: Approximately 500-700 words, and should be very specific about the terms and concepts mentioned in your book.
- Font: 12 point Times New Roman or comparable
- Citation Style: APA, a minimum of two sources is required (in-text citation (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. AND a list of references (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.). No title page, abstract, and methods.
-Students will write a 2-3 page assignment in response to an assignment provided
by your professor. Student answers are to be clear, well-organized, and specific.
Provide a concise, cogent argument and include details to support your response.
-Assignments should begin with an introduction and should end with a conclusion.
The paper is content rich, all questions have been answered, and analysis is evident.
The paper is effective in supporting the student’s argument
-The paper is well organized with a logical flow.
-The paper contains correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.