Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- What are the historical foundations of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA)?
- What is the role of the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)?
- Under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), provide a real world example of how the act guides the activities of unions and employers.
- How would someone go about filing a claim with the National Labor Relations Board?
Note: Review the Web resources for this Phase to assist you with this assignment.
Unit 3 IP
Recently, you have heard rumors that employees would like to unionize. The director of human resources has come to one of your regional managers’ meetings to discuss a couple of things about unions so that managers are equipped with detailed information. In a Word document of at least 750 words, answer the following questions:
- What is the process that employees will use to unionize?
- How can collective bargaining deliver improvements for workers in the organization?
- What does a union have to consider regarding a state’s right to work laws?