Directions: Think of a client situation that would challenge your values/beliefs. (refer to page 76 in the textbook or choose your own example). Think about the situation you chose, write a 800 – 1200 word paper summarizing the following bullet points.
- Introduction to the client situation
- Why would you be personally challenged in working with this client?
- Name two best practices to help you work effectively with this client.
- Would you consider referring the client to another therapist? Why or why not?
This paper must:
- have a thesis statement (statement of purpose/intent), must indicate the topics to be covered
- use ONLY professional, objective language. Use objective, formal, not conversational tone/style
- use APA style
- use direct quotes sparingly – work on paraphrasing and appropriate citations for the paraphrased information
Before you submit your assignment to Blackboard, submit it to Turnitin.com using the link below. After you have reviewed your Originality Report and used it to reduce your Similarity Index appropriately (you can submit your assignment to Turnitin.com multiple times), submit BOTH your assignment and the Originality Report to Blackboard.
Submission: To submit your files, choose the link titled, Assignment 4: A Challenge to Your Values, above. Use the “Browse My Computer” button in the Attach File area to attach your document. Be sure to complete your submission by choosing the “Submit” button at the bottom of the screen.