you will begin the weekly debates on a topic of your choice. The debate topics should be centered on the content for this week but will include current issues that are happening in politics and government. It is essential to follow the debate guidelines set up in Week 1 and participate fully in the debate process. Remember debating is not about who is right or wrong, but who can express their ideas in a professional manner using current evidence and a thorough understanding of the issue.
Some potential topics for this week include:
- Recent judicial appointments—state or local
- Rulings of the U.S. Constitution
- Committee rulings or proceedings that affect your local area or issue you are working on for your final project
- Issues pertaining to judicial key figures
- The effect of the bicameral government process on recent laws
- Military Tribunals and Guantanamo
- USA Patriot Act and The United States Constitution
Your response should be 1 to 2 pages long. In your response, discuss the complexity of the issue and its pros and cons. Support your response with examples, logical reasoning, and research and articulate your position clearly. Develop a conclusion based on current facts and statistics. Your response should clarify your understanding of the topic and should be your own—original and free from plagiarism. Use facts and statistics published within the past five years.
APA FORMAT CITE ALL SOURCES