This signature assignment is designed to align with specific program student learning outcome(s) in your program. Program Student Learning Outcomes are broad statements that describe what students should know and be able to do upon completion of their degree. The signature assignments may be graded with an automated rubric that allows the University to collect data that can be aggregated across a location or college/school and used for program improvements.
Purpose of Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is for students to demonstrate mastery of operations management concepts and tools.
Develop a 700- to 1,050-word memo to a prospective employer outlining your credentials, including: taking this class, all of the projects you have done for this class individually and with your team, and their impact on the businesses you have engaged with so a senior manager reading it would want to hire you as either an operations consultant or permanent employee.
Summarize the business case for each project.
1. Week 1 – Flowchart Improvement Process
2. Week 2 – Statistical Process Control Methods
3. Week 3 – Lean Technique in Manufacturing
4. Week 3 – Team Assignment – Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training – Starbucks Coffee
5. Week 4 – Operations Consulting
6. Week 5 – Operations Forecasting
7. Week 5 – Team Assignment – Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training II – Starbucks Coffee
Outline what you specifically accomplished, assuming these projects were implemented, and their estimated impacts on the business.
Utilize the learnings from Week 6 to highlight your skills in global sourcing, procurement, and outsourcing which can also be of benefit to your target firm.
Format your assignment as if you would be giving a presentation to senior management.