1. What factors explain the failure of the campaign for a “New South”?
2. How did segregation work as an instrument of social control?
3.Through what means did American Indians lose their independence and land?
4.How were mining and cattle ranching changed into large-scale operations in the decades after the Civil War?
5. What problems did the environment of the West present for farmers and ranchers?
1. What factors led to the development of industrial systems?
2. How did the railroads contribute to the rise of big business?
3. What strategies did businesses use to grow and at what costs?
4, How did industrialization change the lives of workers?
5. How did workers respond to industrialization?