In “Competing on the Eight Dimensions of Quality,” in the Harvard Business Review from November–December 1987, David A. Garvin proposes the following eight critical dimensions of quality:
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 350–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Research at least 2 sources (which may include your textbook) to support your response, and complete the following:
- Using the project you selected, describe in 1–2 sentences how you would define the output of your project in terms of each of the 8 dimensions (1–2 sentences for each dimension).
Write 2 more paragraphs that are an introduction and conclusion to this topic. Be sure to include your references, and format your submission in APA format.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?