Due Week 4 and worth 110 points
Build on the project that you identified in Assignment 1 to complete this assignment.
This assignment consists of two (2) sections:
- MS Project Exercise
- Work Packages Paper
You must submit both sections as separate files for the completion of this assignment. Label each file name according to the section of the assignment for which it is written. Additionally, you may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Section 1: MS Project Exercise
Update the project schedule in MS Project to account for the following changes:
1. Revise the project schedule so that it contains at least five (5) work packages.
2. Establish a WBS to support the project with the revised schedule.
3. Revise the durations of the tasks based on the revised schedule.
Section 2: Work Packages Paper
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
4. Specify the main changes that you have made to the project in question. Next, analyze the key manner in which you have aligned your WBS in order to deliver the project.
5. Provide the costs estimate for the tasks. Note: Your estimate should include, but not be limited to, fixed and variable cost components.
6. Suggest the primary measures that you would use in order to successfully deliver the project.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the functions of project management.
- Analyze project management processes for scheduling and sequencing work components.
- Appraise the process of determining the cost and relevant budget required for a project component.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project estimating and budgeting.
- Write clearly and concisely about project estimating and budgeting using proper writing mechanics.