In this assignment, you will pick two of your many identities to research and analyze in terms of how each identity may affect your provision of services.
Identify one ethnic (e.g., Mexican, Asian, etc.) and one cultural (i.e., this could be religion, sexual orientation, etc.) important identities about yourself. For example, African American or white.
Conduct scholarly research to learn about the values and assumptions that accompany each identity and to learn about how each identity can influence human services in a multicultural and diverse setting.
In a 5- to 6-page paper, analyze and present your findings. Make sure that you address the following in your analysis:
- Describe each identity and the values and assumptions therein.
- Compare and contrast the two identities. What are the similarities between the two? What are the differences?
- Explain how you might reconcile the differences between the two identities.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses each identity provides in a professional human service setting.
- Explain how you can utilize both identities to positively influence a professional human service setting.
- By the due date assigned, save your report as M3_A2_lastname_firstinitial.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area.
RA 1 is worth 200 points and will be graded according to the following rubric.
Due DateJul 18, 2018 11:59 PM Hide Rubrics
Rubric Name: HS6016_M3A2_Grading_Rubric
This table lists criteria and criteria group name in the first column. The first row lists level names and includes scores if the rubric uses a numeric scoring method.CriteriaMaximum PointsGR1 Describe each identity and the values and assumptions therein. CO 132 points/ 32GR2 Compare and contrast the two identities: What coincides between the two? What conflicts? CO 132 points/ 32GR3 Explain how you might reconcile the differences between the two identities. CO 132 points/ 32GR4 Identify the strengths and weaknesses each identity provides in a professional human service setting. CO 340 points/ 40GR5 Explain how you can utilize both identities to positively influence a professional human service setting. CO 344 points/ 44GR6 Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e. APA); and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20 points/ 20