Prior to completing this assignment, review Chapter 2, section 2.1 in your Constellation textbook and read the article Answer 4 Questions to Get a Great Mission Statement (Hull, 2013), being sure to review this Fortune 500 Mission Statements Now, turning to the company you selected, research and find the company’s mission statement. Then,
- State how the mission statement provides guidance for the company’s organizational activities.
- Evaluate the company’s mission statement per each of the four questions posed in the Hull article as well as your assigned readings for the week.
- Rate the company according to the 5 star rating system used in the Fortune 500 list, stating how many stars would you rate the mission statement. Explain your rationale.
- Rewrite the mission statement so that it better addresses the four questions and forms a complete mission statement.
If you don’t have one, you need to get one. Here are four essential questions your company’s mission statement must answer:
- What do we do?
- How do we do it?
- Whom do we do it for?
- What value are we bringing?