Imagine that you are now being sent to record the events of the Civil War.
Write a journal entry of your experience during the Civil War using the outline below. (You may write this in first person.)
Use the following outline by responding to each of the questions in 150 words each.
· Trace the development of slavery as a divisive issue that led to the Civil War.
· How could you compare and contrast the advantages of the North and South at the start of the Civil War?
· What roles did Northern women play in the war effort on the Union side during the Civil War? What roles did Southern women play in the war effort on the Confederate side during the Civil War? How did the war affect each group?
· What roles did Black slaves play in the Civil War? What roles did free Blacks play in the Civil War? How did the war affect each group?
· What was the relationship among the events, leaders, and outcomes of the Civil War?