A business must be able to adapt to the market conditions in the host country. Using the Argosy University online library resources, find an example of a U.S. firm attempting to gain access to a foreign market dominated by the host country’s corporations, retailers, and distributors.
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic situation in the case including a discussion of the business strategy of the U.S. firm you identified.
- Discuss the host country’s market along with the retail market, including its structural features. In your opinion, what are the primary differences compared to the U.S. markets where the U.S. firm normally does business?
- Discuss the changes that occurred in the host country’s marketplace over the last 20-30 years.
- Explain the efforts by the U.S. firm you identified to enter the host country’s marketplace.
- From your assessment, what seem to be the two most important factors that make entry into the host country’s marketplace challenging and potentially risky for a U.S. firm?
Submit your work in a 4-page Word document. Apply current APA standards for writing style to your work. All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.