Special education teachers will work with students who have a variety of disabilities. Providing interventions for all of these disabilities may prove challenging.
Because of the wide variety of disabilities they may work with, educators may need to conduct their own professional development to research current trends and professional practices.
Research a peer reviewed article that studies a specific language impairment. Address the following in a 1,000-1,250 word response:
- What was the research question?
- Who were the subjects?
- What methods were used?
- What were the results of the study?
- Did the researchers compare language performance with chronological or mental age? If so, with what purpose?
- How could you use this information to make instructional decisions in the classroom?
- Discuss how reviewing literature from professional journals can help you in your professional development and practice.
Be sure to cite your resources throughout your response.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located on the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.