For the following assignment, you are asked to write about the concepts you have learned in Unit VII. At the beginning of the unit, you examined the federal bureaucracy, its structure, and how it works. Following that, you studied information about the judiciary, its structure, and how it works. In addition, you studied the power that the judiciary can wield within the federal bureaucracy. After you have fully reviewed the aforementioned concepts, compose a paper which discusses the following topics:
- In one of your reading assignments, you read that some people think that the bureaucracy is more than just a system executing the wishes of government officials. According to some people, the bureaucracy is the real government. Do you agree with this statement? Why, or why not?
- Outline the structure, functions, and nature of the federal bureaucracy and the judicial system.
- Discuss how the judiciary can serve to curb some of the power of the bureaucracy as well as other branches of the government.
- Explain the concept of the “iron triangle,” and offer an example of how it can influence policymaking.
- Identify how the knowledge you gained in this unit has affected the way you view the inner workings of government.
Your paper must be at least three pages in length, be double-spaced, and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font.
Use the CSU Online Library to find academic references for the development of your paper. Make sure that all sources are cited and referenced using APA style.