Assignment: Watch a news report from a major news network, then find another report on the same topic from an online source. Make sure the reports have enough substance so that you will be able to substantively answer the questions below assessing both news stories for their clarity, relevance, depth, breadth, and significance.
1. List the TV network and the name of your online report and post a WORKING web link to your online report here. Be sure to test the link to make sure it works after you paste it in here.
2. Who is the intended audience in the TV report and the online report?
3. Was the reasoning in the TV report and the online report solid? Explain.
4. Was the TV report and the online report credible? Explain.
5. Was there any bias in the TV report and the online report? Explain.
6. What, if anything, in the TV report and the online report was presented as fact, that should be presented as debatable?
7. Were the questions and answers in the TV report and the online report relevant? Explain.
8. Was there any sociocentric thinking in either report? Explain.
9. What were the main differences in the two reports?
10. What outside pressures could account for the different manner in which the stories were written?