Write a 2- to 3-page paper that both summarizes and compares the roles and functions of one governmental and one non-governmental health organization, public or global, for a specific health issue of your choice. Be sure that your summary includes information about the following:
- Where are the organizations’ headquarters located?
- What is the mission or purpose of these organizations?
- What populations do they serve and what do they do?
- How are the organizations funded? Are they part of a larger public health infrastructure?
- Do these organizations mention collaboration with any other agencies or organizations?
- Are there any major public health issues these organizations are currently focusing on?
- What might be some ethical issues that are related to the mission of these organizations? (If the organizations have a code of conduct or ethics statement, provide a brief summary in your description).
- Summarize what you learned in researching these organizations: What were the most interesting things you learned in this application? How are the organizations you selected similar or different?