Identify a family business from your local area to interview for your Family Business Profile.
- A family business can only be selected once in the class (based on the earliest submission).
- A family business must not be a student’s own family business that entails direct involvement.
- In order to qualify for this profile project, the selected family business must
- Have two or more family members directly and currently involved in the operation of the business
- Aspiring family businesses (or those who plan to pass their business to their children) do not qualify.
- Secure a date/time for the interview, agree on an interview method, and obtain additional information (e.g., owner name, contact information, etc.) as shown below.
Required Information for Part A
- Your Name
- Business Name
- Owner Name(s) and Contact Information (phone/email)
- Names and Job Titles for two or more family members currently involved in the business
- Interview Date and Time
- Interview Method (phone, email, or face-to-face)
- Website Address or Social Media Alternative (e.g. URL, Facebook page, etc.)
- Business Snapshot link to “About Us” and Business Overview description in your own words (no less than 150 words, comprehensive, well-written grammatically).
- Explain how you identified, found, or selected this business for the Family Business Profile. Name and describe two other businesses in the same area that offer similar products/services, and specify whether they are family-owned.
- Explain why you believe this family business is a good choice for the Family Business Profile. Describe what made you want to know more about this particular family business.