The effects of sustainability and climate change influence everyone, whether you may fully agree with the reports, or are a skeptic. This journal is assigned to help increase your awareness as well as get you to see the points of reference from both sides: believers and skeptics.
The journal’s purpose is to help you reflect on the modules materials in this course, on key points in the course content, and in particular, your career and/or area(s) interest(s).
Format: Your reflection should be at least 500 words in length and should be in an essay format. The journaling will address the following points, as they pertain to your area:
- What is behind global warming and climate change?
- What can we do to prevent global warming?
- Will the actions we take today be enough to forestall the direct impacts of climate change? Or is it too little too late?
- If we don’t do anything about it, how does it affect us and our descendants?
- What will happen in the future, and what are the alternatives for us, if the Earth becomes unlivable? Is this even realistic, based on your understanding and point of view/opinion?
- What do you believe needs to be done to combat combat climate change, and if you believe that there isn’t enough information/fact checking that relates to this, please make your point.