Discuss whether a practitioner who negligently fails to make an early diagnosis is liable, even though the likelihood is that the doctor could not ultimately prevent the death of the patient. In addition, focus on the reasoning of the court that disallowing such cases to go before a jury could lead to a blanket release of liability for physicians in such cases. Do you agree? As a health administrator is this the type of policy that would benefit the facility? If so, how would it benefit the facility? Lastly, consider yourself the patient in such a scenario. How would such rules impact patient care?
Explain, in your own words, the difference between the three paradigms: human needs, interactive, and unitary process. Which of these best fits your philosophy of nursing?
Select one of the grand or middle-range nursing theories. How does the theory demonstrate evidence of the utilization of social, behavioral, or bioscience theories?
All nursing theories are developed in space and time, and are not value free. Select one nursing theorist and explain the factors that influenced development of the theory (history, scientific paradigm, and personal experiences–mentoring, education, practice, other). Provide reference(s) for your response.
Select three theories and compare the definition of person/human being. Comment regarding which definition best fits with your own thinking.
Choose one of the middle-range theories. How could you use this theory to direct care in a nursing unit if you were the manager? Share your results.
Choose one of the middle-range theories. What impact would this theory most likely have on your individual practice? Give specific examples.
A forensic assessment may serve a number of purposes in both criminal and civil contexts. In the context of civil litigation, a forensic mental health professional may be called to provide an assessment in a personal injury case. For example, the professional may be asked to identify whether a traumatic disability or syndrome exists and, if so, to determine the severity and impact on an individual’s functional abilities. Personal injury litigation expands over several areas.
Using resources from the professional literature, research two types of reports written for civil litigation purposes. The literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and scholarly websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions.
Based on your research, create a 3- to 4-page paper in a Microsoft Word document responding to the following:
- Discuss at least two ways in which a forensic assessment may be required in each type of civil forensic case.
- Identify the specific psycholegal issues to be addressed in each type of evaluation.
- Discuss the role of the independent medical examiner or independent forensic psychologist.
- Discuss several key elements that the forensic mental health professional would want to include in the report.
- Identify the legal entity or stakeholder (e.g., defense attorney) who might request each type of assessment report and explain the potential reasons for the requests. In other words, what might the forensic professional add to an understanding of the case beyond what is generally known by laypeople?
- Describe the assessments that are utilized to write the reports.
- Identify the limitations of the reports.
MSN degree APA format 3-5 pages 2 References from Walden University Library
Immune Disorders in Pediatrics and Geriatrics
In this week’s Discussion, you began exploring the pathophysiology and treatment for immune disorders, such as HIV, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, and systemic lupus E. You continue this exploration as you consider these disorders in specific patient groups: pediatrics and geriatrics. As an advanced practice nurse, you must understand the differences in the pathophysiology of these patients, as well as how the drugs used to treat immune disorders might impact the body systems of pediatric and geriatric patients. These two patient groups process and respond to drugs differently than the average adult in their absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs. For this reason, special consideration must be taken when treating immune disorders in pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Review this week’s media presentation on antimicrobials.
- Select one of the following immune disorders: HIV, psoriasis, inflammatory bowel disease, or systemic lupus E (SLE).
Note: Select a different disorder than the two that you selected for this week’s Discussion.
- Think about the pathophysiology of your selected disorder. Compare pathophysiological changes in pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Consider the types of drugs that are used to treat symptoms associated with your selected disorder. Reflect on how the drugs might impact various body systems in pediatric and geriatric patients, as well as measures you might take to help reduce any negative effects.
- Reflect on how you might educate a pediatric patient on the disorder you selected and how you might educate a geriatric patient on the same disorder. Consider how you would promote medication adherence, as well.
Write a 3- to 4-page paper that addresses the following:
- Explain the pathophysiology of the disorder you selected. Then, compare pathophysiological changes in pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Describe the types of drugs that are used to treat symptoms associated with the disorder you selected. Explain how these drugs might impact various body systems in pediatric and geriatric patients, as well as measures you might take to help reduce any negative effects.
- Explain how you might educate a pediatric patient on the disorder you selected and how you might educate a geriatric patient on the same disorder. Include your rationale for each approach, as well as how you would promote medication adherence.
For this Assignment, select one of the topics listed below, research the topic using primary sources, and be sure to respond to the questions. The paper should be 4–5 pages long (body) and should specifically address all parts of the question. Must be ORIGINAL work. No Plagiarism as Turnitin will be checking. Please Follow the Rubric attached and Template for guidelines.
Along with the text, use a minimum of five scholarly journals, books, articles, or other academic sources. You will find many journal articles pertaining to your topic of choice. One reference must be from the text: Berk, L. E. (2014). Development through the lifespan (6th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
The research paper should:
· Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
· Use correct APA formatting per the APA Publication Manual, 6th Edition.
· Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
· Be written in Standard American English and be clear, specific, and error-free. If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.
Your Assignment should include:
· Title Page.
· Body of the paper (4–5 pages).
· Reference Page.
Select one of the following for the focus of your paper:
1. Explain the impact of early pregnancy in adolescent females. What developmental issues do they face as a result of the pregnancy?
2. What are the risk factors that are common amongst pregnant teens or those who impregnate?
3. Using one of the developmental theories that you have studied, explain how the adolescent’s self-identity is affected by the pregnancy (could be male or female; be sure to explain).
4. Propose interventions that could be used to reduce the risk of pregnancy with an adolescent who is still experimenting with sex and has not gotten pregnant (or has not impregnated).
1. Explain how emotional intelligence develops in adolescence.
2. What risk factors are common amongst those who fail to develop healthy emotional intelligence?
3. Using one of the developmental theories that you have studied, explain how the adolescent’s self-identity is affected by emotional intelligence.
4. Propose interventions that could be used to reduce the risk to identity formation with an adolescent who has not acquired emotional intelligence.
What are the four main theories of adolescent development?
- Freud’s psychosexual stage theory.
- Erikson’s psychosocial stage theory.
- Kohlberg’s moral understanding stage theory.
- Piaget’s cognitive development stage theory.
- Bronfenbrenner’s ecological systems theory.
One of the pivotal goals of consumer health literacy efforts is to design educational materials that attract as well as educate users. In this Assignment, you design a health information document on a topic that is of interest to you.
Select a health issue of interest to you.
Identify the audience or population that you seek to educate about this issue.
Search the Internet to find credible sites containing information about your selected topic.
Review the two health literacy websites listed in this week’s Learning Resources. Focus on strategies for presenting information.
Design an educational handout on the health issue you selected.
Include a cover page.
Include an introduction that provides:
An explanation of your issue and why you selected it
A description of the audience you are addressing
In the handout itself:
Develop your handout in such a way that it attracts the attention of the intended audience.
Include a description of the health issue and additional content that will enhance your message (i.e., key terms and definitions, graphics, illustrations, etc.).
Recommend four or five sites that provide clear, valuable, and reliable information on the topic.
Select one emerging health issue from Chapter 17 in your textbook:
•Vaccine Preventable Diseases
•Violence in Health Care Settings
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper on the emerging health issue you picked. •Discuss the potential impact of the issue on a health care organization.
•Analyze the potential risks of the issue on a health care organization.
•Propose strategies for addressing the issue in health care settings.
•Examine the role of the health care manager for the health issue. Reference your readings and include a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles. Format your paper according to APA guidelines.