Write a 750-1,000-word paper that analyzes your research and focuses on the population you have chosen. Describe the population’s demographics and health concerns, and explain how nursing science, health determinants, and epidemiologic, genomic, and genetic data may impact population health management for the selected population. Provide an overview of a potential solution for solving the health issue related to your population and the intended PICOT statement. Describe how the solution incorporates health policies and goals that support health care equity for the population of focus.
Read through the following questions and answer two of them in your journal. Your answers should be complete, and must be written in standard, grammatically correct English.
1. Define social stratification and explain why it is of sociological significance. Is it possible to create a society without stratification? Why or why not?
2. Define slavery, list and discuss its causes, discuss the conditions of slavery that have varied around the world. and discuss slavery today. What role, if any, do you think the United States should play in ending slavery internationally today?
3. Define caste systems and endogamy, and discuss whether any characteristics of caste can be seen in U.S. society.
4. Karl Marx explored social class, emphasizing the importance of means of production. Explain his theory, and define bourgeoisie, proletariat, class consciousness and false class consciousness. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
5. List and define the three components of social class, according to Max Weber. Apply his theory to an analysis of U.S. society today.
6. Summarize Davis and Moore’s theory of social stratification. Summarize Tumin’s critique of Davis and Moore, and define meritocracy. Which theory do you believe explains U.S. society today best? Why?
7. Define and describe the three “worlds” of development discussed in the text, listing at least four examples of societies in each category.
Pick a person to interview who has had a different cultural experience than you. Maybe the person or person’s family is from a different region or country. Other forms of diversity or difference are acceptable too. You may interview someone of any age, and it is OK if he or she is a co-worker, neighbor, friend, relative, spouse, or someone else you know.
However, please keep in mind the spirit of the assignment. If you are interviewing someone you know well, please work hard in the interview to gain a deeper insight and appreciation for their experience. Please conduct the interview face-to-face, through Skype/Face Time, or over the phone. The interview should be a minimum of 20 minutes long. Please take notes during the interview. If the interviewee gives you permission,you can record the interview to help you later when writing your assignment.
It is not required to record or video tape the interview. You will not be turning in any recordings. You will be turning in a written assignment based on your interview.
Written Assignment Overview:
Write a two-page essay about your interview experience. Your essay should include
an introduction of your interviewee, summary of the interview answers in essay format, discussion of how the interview content relates to course concepts, and a final section with some concluding thoughts about the interview experience.
You will be required to use the following headings: Introduction, Summary of Interview, Culture & Geography, and Conclusion.
*the writer needs to read the READINGS theres a total of 4 readings to this essay.
*provide notes for each reading.
This current event, gun control, is chosen as a way to get you to think about and apply the philosophical principles. We are interested in the differences between Hobbesian, Lockean, libertarian and utilitarian principles of justice. Therefore you can take whatever position you like, so long as you explain the philosophical principles and defend your position against the philosophical objections. Your essay must compare and contrast the Hobbesian, the Lockean-libertarian, and the utilitarian principles of justice as they pertain to the issue of gun control laws. You are really using the gun control situation to talk about philosophy. You will not be graded up or down for taking a certain position. You will be graded on the completeness and correctness of your understanding of the principles of justice.
You should approach this essay in several steps. The first step is to understand the philosophical principles of justice of each position. Second, see how those principles of justice determine certain views on the issue of gun control. Third, write the essay… be sure to explain the philosophical principles and the issues, defending the one you think it best, and critiquing the one’s you think are wrong.
using the textbook and Argosy Online Library references that you may select, write a paper (minimum 750 words) using APA standards, that answers the questions below.
First, from the Argosy University online library, select one of the following articles to read:
Fantasia, Rick. (1995). From class consciousness to culture, action, and social organization. Annual Review of Sociology, 21, p. 267-289.
Martin, Karin A. (1998). Becoming a gendered body. American Sociological Review, 63(4), p. 494-511.
McKinlay, John B., Lin, Ting, Freund, Karen, & Moskowitz, Mark. (2002). The Unexpected influence of physician attributes on clinical decisions: Results of an experiment. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 43(1), p. 92-106.
Second, answer the following questions in an organized essay:
- 1. What is the social problem the researchers are investigating?
- 2. What is the research method (i.e.: survey, participant observation, experiment, secondary sources) used by the researchers?
- 3. What were the results or findings of the research?
- 4. What do you think would be a good solution to the social problem?
For each extreme environment, discuss:
A.What makes this environment extreme? Why would most lifeforms find it hard to survive there? (about 100words for each environment)
B. What type of lifeform does exist in this extreme environment? How does it survive? (about 100 words for each environment)
C. Where might this lifeform be found on other planets or moons? Give examples in our solar system. (about 100 words for each environment)
Note on Citations: For assignments you should simply cite the title, author (or publisher) and date of the article along with the URL
“Getting Started With the Internet” Please respond to the following:
Jennifer Gefsky, founder of Après, saw an opportunity to start her own business and used the Internet to make it happen. She learned how to search the web to do this effectively.
- Go online and find one website that relates to something you are interested in or that relates to your career.
- Copy and paste the link of your website in the discussion area and describe what you learned from reading it.
Once you have posted your response, respond to at least one of your peers, briefly reviewing their selected website and providing feedback