- A common tool used in strategic planning is the S.W.O.T. analysis. Pick a company you are familiar with and complete a SWOT analysis for it describing 5 each of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- How can a SWOT analysis help a company develop a strategic plan that will be successful?
- Describe the four functions of management. What role do these play in the strategic decision making process?
A colleague of yours is struggling to handle change requests throughout their project life cycle, and now his project is falling apart. He has come to you for advice on best practices.
- Share with your colleague why managing change requests is critical to the project’s success.
- Discuss the most effective process for handling change requests, including how different technologies can be utilized.
Organizations today understand the need to change is ever present. If a company does not change, it will become stagnant and lose competitive advantage within the respective industry.
- What do you believe the different viewpoints of change are within an organization?
- Who are the change agents within an organization?
- What are the pros and cons of change management?
- How do you believe change will affect different levels of employees within the organization?