The first mini-case assignment to be completed by all CMR 495 students is listed as Mini-Case #4: How the Strategy Process Killed Innovation at Microsoft.
To complete this assignment:
1. Read the general guidelines for mini-case responses that is referenced here: Uniform Instructions for All Mini-Case Responses
2. Read Chapters 2 and 11 in the Rothaermel text to establish an understanding of the strategy theories relevant to this mini-case.
3. Read the text of the mini-case on Microsoft in the Rothaermel text.
4. Draft your response to the mini-case, following the general guidelines referenced above. Share with the instructor for feedback, if desired.
5. Submit your draft response to the mini-case as an e-mail attachment to the instructor Submit your final response to the mini-case via Canvas no later than the due date and time specified in the course schedule.