“Making Progress” Please respond to the following:
- How has your communication changed?
- What are you practicing now on a regular basis?
- Rate your progress using the following rubric and note how your rating has changed from week 1.
Communication Skill Levels
- Novice: You tend to “wing it” when communicating. Your messages seldom achieve your desired goals.
- Intermediate: Your communications are sometimes effective, but you lack an established process for communicating (and you aren’t actively testing your methods).
- Proficient: You apply some tools and techniques of communications and, while you may do so inconsistently, you are fairly effective when you communicate.
- Distinguished: You are considered highly professional. You regularly influence outcomes through communications and you are highly communications-oriented.
- Expert: You have extensive experience in business communications, are well-versed in the topic, and can influence goals strategically while driving action with your messaging.
Part 2: How often do you verbally present to others? How do you feel about speaking/presenting in front of groups?