- Read the news article from Science Daily. (2016). “Complete rest until symptom-free after concussion may not be best for recovery. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.”
- Next, you will want to read the scientific abstract of this article that was the source for the report in the Science News from the American Academies of Pediatrics.
- Halstead, M. E. et al. (2010). Sports-related concussion in children and adolescents (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. The Journal Pediatrics, Volume 126, issue 3
- Then, read this abstract from a respected scientific/medical journal about this topic for comparison. Please be aware that these were published just a few years ago, before the article in Science Daily and presentation at the AAP, which it came from. You should consider how research can change the ideas and procedures used in medicine and science.
- Harmon, K. G. et al (2013). American Medical Society for Sports Medicine position statement: Concussion in sport (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 47 : 15-26
Next, submit the following:
- Use this abbreviated version of the Science Tool Kit template (download template [DOCX, File size 24.3 KB] to answer questions about the news article. Submit your answers to your instructor for grading and feedback.